If you are wondering how to get pregnant fast, then you have come to the right place because this article will discuss 5 things you absolutely must know if your desire is to conceive that dream child.
1. It is very important that both you and your partner get a medical check up to be certain that you are able to have children. This will be very reassuring for you and believe me, you will need this, especially if things don’t happen as quick as you expect it to.
2. Make love as often as possible, especially right after your menstrual cycle and for the next 20 days after. (Even better still, make love every single day until your next period) You may be wondering why 20days? This is because that time frame would include the fertile window for most women.
The general thinking is that most women ovulate (release an egg) on day 14 but I can assure you that this is certainly not the case.
I recently got pregnant using the methods I am discussing with you here and it turns out when I went for my dating scan that I ovulated on the 8th day. Hard to believe isn’t it? Well it is true. I have always had short menstrual cycles, lasting between 20 and 22 days.
So if want to know how to get pregnant fast and your menstrual cycles are shorter or longer than the so called average of 14 days, then you need to know precisely when you ovulate.
As a very general rule of the thumb just subtract 14 from the length of your menstrual cycle. So for example if your menstrual cycle is 24days in length then you are likely to ovulate on (24-14) day 10.
The most accurate method though is to use your cervical mucus (fluid), which tends to become stretchier, thinner and egg white in appearance when you are most fertile.
3. If you really want to get pregnant fast then it is important that you avoid all forms of lubrication: e.g. KY jelly and Vaseline. Research has shown that most store-bought lubricants damage the sperm.
There is a natural alternative and it is the egg white which is extremely sperm friendly.
4. Improve the quality and quantity of your cervical mucus. Apart from using it to predict your most fertile days, your cervical fluid also serves 2 important functions:
a) It provides nourishment, mobility and medium in which your partner’s sperm can thrive and live.
b) It provides an alkaline medium, which protects the sperm from and otherwise acidic vagina.
So what are some of the things you can do to improve your cervical fluid? Make you sure eat foods high in Vitamin A, drink plenty of water and take plain robitussin.
5. If you really want to know how to get pregnant fast, then take a look at the medications you may be taking. Certain medications affect fertility and you need to be aware of them so that you can stop using them and look for alternatives that will not affect your chances of conception.
Example include anabolic steroids, Cimetidine used in treating ulcers, anti-hypertensive drugs (specifically calcium channel blockers) antidepressants just to mention a few.